Blogging is very important part of social media nowadays. Most businesses have company blogs, most professionals have professional blogs, and many people have personal blogs, where they share opinion and information on different topics. There are so many good blogs out there but the one thing in common they all have is the challenge to stand out of the crowd and make their target audience get an interest in what they have to say and most important- make it engage. But how do you achieve this, especially if your blog is new?
I’ve read recently in a post by Blog Marketing Academy that in order to achieve success with your blog, you have to do it all- be the ideas person, the executive, the designer, the writer, the researcher, the business person and so on- you have to wear all these hats at the same time. However, no one is good at everything so people are doing only what they enjoy in a blog- some love writing so they will have great content but presented in a boring way, others love design so they will have an attractive and eye-catchy blog, which, however, is not worth reading. That is why most people don’t get the desired results and give up too quickly. Patience and consistency are two virtues you must possess, if you want to have a great blog. It takes time and a lot of hard work before you get the results you want.
Networking with other bloggers in your field is essential in order to increase your visitors’ number. This is one of the most effective ways to get noticed. Comment on other blogs, topics you are discussing in your blog as well and never forget to link to your blog. Follow other bloggers too as some of them will follow you back (You follow, I follow) and this way you will expand your network. Another very important thing is to link your blog to other social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Create Facebook and Twitter pages for your blog and expand them as well. Also don’t forget to attach it to your LinkedIn profile. Promote all new posts you produce and try to engage relevant people to discuss them on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To summerise, these are the steps you need to follow if you want to have a successful blog:
- Come up with a great idea for a blog, create stunning design and write engaging content (don’t forget to do a proper research on the topics you’re discussing).
- Brand yourself, create your own logo and unique style that is recognisable and memorable.
- Be patient and consistent, don’t expect immediate results; if you work hard, you will achieve great results.
- Prepare weekly plans with the activities you’re going to have on your blog.
- Once your blog looks great and have a few posts (3-5) you find interesting and engaging, start promoting it.
- Follow other relevant bloggers and engage on their blogs.
- Create Facebook and Twitter pages for your blog and link it to your LinkedIn profile too.
With these simple tips you can achieve amazing results and make your blog popular among your target audience. And don’t forget simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication.