Infographics came to the visual scene recently and haven’t left since. It’s amazing how something so simple at a first glance, can make such a big difference to your business. I firstly took an interest in infographics about a year ago, when I started work for a content marketing agency. I immediately recognised the benefits of using infographics as they are very informative, catchy and visually creative. Simplicity and complexity blend together to form an incredibly good, end product!
Below is an infographic I did for a health company some time ago. Even dry material such as desease stats, could be presented in an accessible way and this is what makes infographics so great. The one I made is not so professionally done as I did not have an access to a proper software so had to use a free, online one, which limits you in terms of design. Still, the main points have been made; besides, this is a much better way of presenting particular findings than providing your audience with, say, a thick, boring report. Don’t you agree?
Infographics are great marketing as well as PR tools, because they summarise big amounts of dry and boring content and present it in a visually creative way. The benefits of visual content have been recognised recently, and more and more practitioners out there are making good use of these. But what is it that makes infographics so special? Here are some stats, which give answer to this question:
- 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual;
- 65% of the world population consists of visual learners;
- 1/2 of the brain is dedicated to visual function;
- The brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than textual information;
- Practitioners who use infographics grow in traffic 12% more than those who don’t;
- In March 2012, #infographic was tweeted 56,765 times;
- Infographic production increases by 1% every day;
So, if you are not using infographics in your business, you’d better consider starting to do so. Be creative, be visually-friendly and remember, simlicity is the key to success.